All, Anger, Parenting, Teens
Once you consider dating violence, the pictures that pop into the mind are likely not pictures of 11 or 12 12 months olds. But, teenager violence that is dating epidemic at both the center and senior school amounts, with many girls experiencing their very very first violent relationship encounter by age 16. The statistics are worrying.
* Teen violence that is dating 1.5 million senior high school students (more or less 4 in 10 adolescents) within the U.S. on a yearly basis.
* Girls age 16-24 are in the best chance of experiencing physical physical violence at rates TRIPLE the national average.
* 72% of youth 11-14 are dating and 47% report some type of violence as an element of this relationship. Because the age pupils start to date reduces, so does age of which physical physical physical violence starts.
* Meanwhile, 81% of moms and dads think dating physical violence is not a problem for teens.
* 100% of moms and dads failed to correctly warning that is identify of dating physical physical violence.
What exactly is teenager dating violence? Exactly why is violence that is dating frequent among teens?
Meaning: Teen violence that is dating a pattern of actual or threatened functions of physical, intimate, spoken or emotional violence perpetrated by a teenager against either a present or previous dating partner with all the intent of gaining energy or control of the individual the behavior is fond of.
Although this meaning seems clear, numerous adolescents have a hard time accurately determining abusive behavior. 继续阅读Handling Teen Dating Violence. In recognition of National Youth Violence Prevention Week.